SOCIAL MEDIA

Showcase Sunday {25}

Sunday 23 March 2014
I'm actually quite excited to show you the few books I've managed to acquire over the past number of weeks today... All look pretty fantastic.
 
my dog is currently casting, apologies for the dog hair ;3
 
So I've more or less been watching The Maze Runner movie trailer over and over again since it came out a couple days ago because the movie looks freaking a-m-a-z-i-n-g! And I'm not just saying that because Dylan O'Brien looks beautiful, it simply looks like the type of movie I'd love. So when I spotted the book in WHSmith yesterday, I bought it pretty much on the spot. I'm currently reading it right now and really enjoying it!
 
Then I had a little look around and noticed Vampire Academy. Another YA book-to-movie adaption. Though I don't think the movie looks too much like my cup of tea, I have always wanted to read the book and, since I'll undoubtedly watch the movie at one point or another, I want to have read the book beforehand (yes, I'm one of THOSE people). ;P
 
The other two books, Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts and Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum I received from Amber (The Mile Long Bookshelf) when she was giving away a whole load of her books. I'm super excited to read both of these as both sound like really thrilling reads!
 
Have any of you read any of these books? What did you think? What books did you receive this week? Link me up!
 
Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo



15 comments :

  1. Your copy of The Maze Runner looks amazing! What edition is that? I have the common green one and I am so jealous of yours! Happpy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Chicken House edition - I love it, it's so pwetty! *.*

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen the Vampire Academy movie yet, but from what I've seen of the trailers, I think the movie is really bad compared to the books. I really love the books, though, so I hope you will too! :) I want to read The Maze Runner soon as well. I've been wanting to for a long time, but now that the movie's coming out I should probably hurry up! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the trailer isn't enticing me at all... That's music to my ears - now I'm excited to start on the series! So far The Maze Runner is really good - you should try it! :D

      Delete
  3. I read The Maze Runner series a few years ago and it's AMAZING! Hope you enjoy the book and the film :)

    My Showcase Sunday: http://www.pagetostagereviews.com/2014/03/sunday-post-25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm enjoying the book so far and, from what I've glimpsed of the film, I'm sure I will! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh yay Vampire Academy! Hope you enjoy it! I definitely enjoyed the book better, but isn't that always the case? The movie was still pretty good. But I worry it didn't do well since when I went to see it the weekend after it came out, there were like no showtimes. It was insane trying to find a time for me and my friend to go see it!

    Hope you enjoy your reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's promising! Shame it wasn't too successful... :(

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I've just watched the Maze Runner trailer and it looks a-maze-ing ;) haha .. Definitely need to get my hands on the book asap!! Same goes for Vampire Academy as I really liked the trailer for that too! Hope you enjoy all your books this week :)

    Check out my SS here!

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love what you did there. ;) I'm hoping I'll enjoy VA! :D

      Delete
  6. Read The Maze Runner as soon as possible!! :D it has such a great storyline! And I'm in the same boat with you about Dylan O'Brien. When I found out he was in it I almost dyed he is just too beautiful to handle :) happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *drools at the thought of Dylan* I'm really enjoying it so far!! Haven't spoken to you in ages, how've you been?! :P

      Delete
  7. Yea, The Maze Runner trailer is epic! Made me need to pick up the trilogy again. Glad you're enjoying it!
    VA is a surprisingly great series. I haven't watched the movie, just because it looks really bad. But I think you'll enjoy the books. :)
    Great haul!
    Happy reading!

    http://thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife.blogspot.ca/2014/03/showcase-sunday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope I'll enjoy the VA books too! xD

      Delete
  8. Dylan O'Brien, who even is he?! Haha. I just finished The Maze Runner and it is all sorts of fabulousness, one of my new favourite books ever! I'll be posting a review of that today on the blog. So so excited for the film! Oh and I almost forgot about VA, I love that series. I'm up to book four and the movie was such fun. Can't wait to hear what you think about TMR and VA!

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!