SOCIAL MEDIA

April Round Up and Favourites!

Thursday 2 May 2013
Hey all! For a while now I've been thinking about doing a monthly favourites and round up post and today I've finally decided to do exactly that. However, today's post is more or less a trial run to see whether or not I'll continue doing it. Tell me what you think! Also, since I've been super busy this month, I've only managed to read one book and so there won't be much variation in my favourites, hehe. ;)
Click cover to read review! :)
 
 
Favourite Read of April:
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. I know this is the only book I've read this month *sad face* but I'm pretty sure it would still be my favourite even if I had read more! This book was just the perfect conclusion to The Infernal Devices series. Even though I didn't quite love the ending, the trilogy on a whole was FANTASTIC and I can not recommend it enough! :)

Favourite Character:
William Herondale *sigh*. Must I say more? Snarky, gorgeous, reads books, fights demons... Doubt I need to go on! ;) <3

Favourite Side Character:
Cicely Herondale. Another Herondale, eh? You must all think I'm obsessed! But seriously. Cicely was a really admirable character in Clockwork Princess and I just loved her personality. She was brave, stubborn, snarky... quite like her brother actually. That's what made their relationship both amusing and adorable - they were too much alike. :P

Favourite Cover:
I'm going to cheat here and say Requiem by Lauren Oliver. I'm currently reading this book but since I started it in April, I'm going to let myself get away with it. ;) The cover I have is the UK edition, I think - the one with a silhouette of a girl - who I'm strongly suspecting is Lena - looking out over a lake. I just LOVE the blue tones used and, overall, it's just a super captivating cover. It really helps reinforce the underlying theme of freedom which I like too.

Favourite/Most Visited Author Website:
Cassandra Clare's of course. I mean, where else was I meant to go after finishing book three in her Infernal Devices trilogy?! I was on there looking for Will fan art, of course. ;) Just kidding. I'm always on the lookout for extras on her books and news on the City of Bones movie - which looks phenomenal! - so that's one of the websites I usually end up looking through. xD

Favourite Goodreads Group:
Teen Bloggers. I've literally only been a part of this group for a few days but I just love it so much already, I feel like I have to share it! The lovely, amazing, fantabulous Ruby over at Feed Me Books Now! co-hosts the group with three other wonderful bloggers (you can find more about them all here!) and there are just so many fun conversations you can contribute to and talk to other bloggers in! Plus, it's really nice to meet bloggers my own age! :D

So, there you go. April's round up and favourites. What did you think? Obviously I'll be able to put in more 'Favourites' categories next time because I'll have read more than just the one book, aha. ;)

Anywho.

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo

PS: If you want, I could also make it a monthly meme where I can post up a Linky at the bottom of the post so people can put a link to their Monthly Round Up and Favourites post? o_O


9 comments :

  1. This is a great idea Rachel :) Teen Bloggers seems like a great group and I love the cover for Reqiuem too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! (: And yes Will is just the best! Thank you for the lovely mention, and I'm glad you're enjoying the group so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm currently reading Clockwork Princess! The Teen Bloggers group is great isn't it!! Happy May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great month even if you only did read one book! I can't wait to get round to starting the Infernal Devices. I've just finished City of Glass and I've just bought Clockwork Angel so I'll be reading it soon! So excited! x

    http://altheaeatbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry but I must tell you that Will is mine. I'm just being honest here. NEVER TRUST A DUCK!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed Clockwork Princess because it really was amazing and I can't stop re-reading some of the scenes.
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel,
    Thanks for following and leaving a lovely comment. Will <3 I saw on Jacks blog that you didn't like BC! You don't know how happy I am to find that I wasn't the only one because it just didn't work well with me and I put it down before chapter 3 which was probably unfair but I just didn't like it. I will probably pick it up though sometime soon, glad you feel the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greatest! I love the idea of picking our favourites of the month. I haven't read The Infernal Devices, doesn't seem like my kind of series, but it sure is popular. The Teen Bloggers group is brilliant! I never would have met any fellow book bloggers my age without it, especially since I'm new to the blogger world. I love your blog so much! Now excuse me while I explore it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read The Infernal Devices yet, but I want to start on them soon.
    I'm so glad that they made a Teen Bloggers group! Before I genuinely could find no other teen bloggers and felt alone, so yay! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should start Clockwork Princess someday xD Too bad that there're so many great book and I don't have that much time :( :facepalm :\ But definitely I'm gonna read this since I saw a lot of praises :P This is really nice Rachel :) You should do it every month xD And I will be really excited to read it :P You're right, Teen Bloggers, I'm addicting HAHAHAHA xD

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!