SOCIAL MEDIA

Fateful by Claudia Gray

Tuesday 13 March 2012
Author: Claudia Gray
Publisher/Source: HarperCollins
Release Date: 29th March 2012
Pages: 325
Rating: 4/5

All I have to do is make it through this one trip, I think, as I step off the gangplank and finally board the RMS Titanic.
Tess has bigger dreams than being a lady's maid and plans to start a new life as soon as the ship reaches America. But once they set sail Tess finds herself in grave danger. Not just from the ice-cold waters of the Atlantic, but from the two strangers with eyes like wolves who are tracking her every move. . .
One wants her dead, the other wants her heart. The ocean wants them all.


This book instantly caught my attention when I read the description and, naturally, I just had to have it! I mean how can you resist a book involving danger, romance and The Titanic?! I am so glad I was sent a copy of this book because it was such a great read - just like I had expected!

The plot was probably the most enjoyable part of the whole book. Right from the first chapter you are absorbed up into a world of action - page five to be exact! I was quite worried about how forward the book was at first but then, surprisingly, I settled into the pace and actually found it quite an enjoyable factor.

The paranormal element involved was quite unusual since the setting was The Titanic (!) but even though, at a certain point, I doubted how it would fit in to that part of the storyline it surprised me! Overall I found it quite refreshing because it deviated from the usual historical and romance category.

Of course, most likely the biggest awaited part throughout the book - which I knew was coming - was the sinking of the magnificent ship. Gray kept me on tip-toe throughout because I was never sure when it would occur. . . and even threw in a tease! I thought that when the time came of the sinking that there could have been some more hysteria involved but at the same time I didn't because it showed Tess's reaction to it all. It would be such a scary and shocking experience to endure, not to mention, devastating! Side note: Try not to get too attached to some of the characters! :(

The characters were also very enjoyable. The main character, Tess, was a great main character. Strong, stubborn, brave, kind, fiery and determined. A great heroine! She was probably my favourite character. I quite liked one of her room-mates, Myriam too. She was quite like Tess now I think about it and their friendship was fun to read.

Overall I found Fateful a very enjoyable read with a great storyline and great characters. I really hope you will buy this book when it hits stores (in a couple weeks time!) because you won't want to miss out on such a great and unique novel!

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo


4 comments :

  1. This looks brilliant! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this being set on the Titanic! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! I love the sound Tess and intrigued by how the paranormal element could fit in... Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliona ~ It really is, you're welcome! :D

    Luisa ~ That was the reason this book caught my eye, hehe! You're welcome! :)

    Ria ~ Yeah, the paranormal element was such an unusual aspect that I couldn't help but be intrigued by too! Thanks! =]

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!