SOCIAL MEDIA

Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman

Saturday 5 February 2011
"Your waiting for the postman - he's bringing your exam results. University, a career as a journalist... a glittering future lies ahead. But when the doorbell rings, it's your old girlfriend; and she's carrying a baby, your baby.

She's had enough and now it's your turn.

What would you do?"

Author: Malorie Blackman
Pages: 302
Cover Rating: 5/5
Recommended Age: 13+
Rating: 5/5

Wow! Just wow! What a great book! I was not sure if I would find this book boring but it was filled with surprising twists. Loved it!
I looked up to Dante, the main character, the most. When he finds out he has a daughter, Emma he is stunned - and scared! He is only seventeen and at the start of the book does not know what to do with Emma. What should he do? I admire Dante for sticking by Emma, even though he is young and does not have a clue about how to be a father. But as he starts to bond with Emma he is rewarded with experiences he will never forget.
I think this book would go under family relationships because of how family love plays an important role in this novel. I do recommend this to older readers and I think you know why, but I really hope you will read this because it is a great read!
I want to mention how much I love the cover of this book. The casual boy clothes with the bottle and the dummy, great idea!

Rachel xx :)



5 comments :

  1. Great review! I am a new folllower! If you have time check out my YA blog! :) http://brittanysfantasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book to! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a brilliant book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot of great things about this book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel! I just gave you the Stylish Blog Award! Come check it out http://brittanysfantasy.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!